Home made almond butter with one ingredient only; Almonds!
I came across this recipe a few times from different blogs, and this is my take on it.
1-2 Cups of raw unsalted almonds/ skin on.
What you will need:
- High speed blender.
- baking sheet.
- start by placing the almonds in a baking dish
- Toast them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While they are hot, place them into the blender and starts blending on high.
- Keep the blender going, it will start off by grinding the almonds.
- Open the blender every 2 minutes and scrape the sides, and turn it back on.
- have patience, and keep the blender on high for about 10-15 minutes.
- The texture will start to turn into a paste from heat generated from the almonds and blender.
- The key is to keep blending until the consistency you'd like. Bare in mind the time might differ based on the blender's speed.