The above image can speak on my behalf of how beautifully glamorous this style can be, it can definitely add to your spaces an edgy character. I've been wanting to talk about this design hack for a while now! A new idea thats here to stay, with many advantages to it ..
This could be the largest post ever, talking about rugs but i will make it short! just leave me in the msgs any thing you would like me to talk about,, lets share ideas on this platform.
FIRST you need to know your sizes!
Second, i know what you are saying! its so hard to find a rug in the first place. But this method works easier, trust me.
HOW IT WORKS
- Measure your space according to the chart above.
- Choose your base. (details below)
- Choose a contrasting smaller color. or use what you already have.
- Pick a placement for your inner rug, it doesn't have to be centered.
CHOOSING YOUR BASE rug
For the base you want something nuteral, flat, & rough to hold the second one.
Best option for this is the SISAL rug type. which is a natural fiber taken from the agave plant. it is considered to be very durable and mostly in a good pricing range. The key for the base is to choose something that is a low-pile rug like pic No1 , & nothing with a high-pile form like pic No2.
CHOOSING YOUR top rug
- A rug you already own ; thats smaller than the base rug.
- A hand woven piece or vintage rug, any thing with a low to medium pile would work.
- an animal print of high or low pile ; depending on your preferences.
The nice thing about this layering trend is that it works regardless of your taste to begin with. As you can see in the images above.
And its also a great design solution to layer an antique rug you purchased while traveling and don't know where to place it. Or you've moved to a new place that requires a larger rug, but you don't want to get rid of your previous rug.
It deffinetly holds the space together, giving a coherent feel to it, makes it more cozy, and great mistake recovery solution.
I hope you enjoyed the post !